Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday

The clock-time to Italia is no in sprint mode.  Less than 40 hours to out departure for ORD.  Yikes!

That visitation that I attended on Thursday night for my first-cousin Don was another reminder of how interesting family gatherings can be. There were three other first-cousins from that family also at the visitation: Dan, Shirley and Loretta.  (The fourth still living cousin from that family, Fran, was actually in the hospital for a stint procedure, but was possibly going to be at the funeral on Friday)

(I don't think that I had ever previously met Loretta.  She and I spent several minutes going through the family tree, as she is still 100% "with it."  We all remembered Fran having to go to the hospital at Elizabeth's funeral, some 30-40 years ago.  Daddy was one of the guys who helped Fran that day.  Loretta's daughter, whom I think has had some genealogy conversations with Tahoe Phil, was also there.)

For all of you rabid cycling fans in the Peanut Gallery, Chris Horner did win the Vuelta a Espana today.  The critics are already raising doping questions.  He's a 41-year old with a limited palmares, so these things can be expected.  He now needs to find a team for next year as he is currently without a 2014 contract.

In other sports news, the rain that we've been looking for came in and washed-out the golf in Chicago, and the NASCAR race is on hold as well.  Bad timing.

A hat-tip to the Hawkeyes for their victory last night in Ames.  I saw a few minutes of the second quarter before the Geneva party.  The final score may have been a little closer than the game?  The 'Clones go to Tulsa next week, and they need to be careful or they'll be Oh-for-2013.  I think Iowa has another Directional U on the menu.

My packing plan has been slow to formulate.  I did pull the box for my bike down from the over-head spot in the garage this afternoon, and patched up a couple of holes from the return trip from Bilbao.  I'm riding in the AM, and then will pack it up tomorrow afternoon.  If all goes well.  I have a few doubts.

I had a high school classmate, whom I haven't seen in forever, stop by my place this afternoon out of the blue.  Turns out he's been tuning into my Tweeter feed and blog entries in recent weeks since catching up on my program from another classmate whom I see regularly at coffee.  He was actually most interested in Margret, as he's a car-guy.  Why wouldn't he be?  Its a small world.

My Monday may be one of the craziest/scariest/stressful days of at least the last year.  Maybe longer.  Its a filing deadline.  No more extensions.  Its also a big day on my securities business vendor conversion.  And I have to finish packing for Italy.  I have multiple lists to reference.  Maybe a list for the lists.

OK.  Enough.  My mind is hitting warp-speed, but creativity is obviously not part of the route.  Probably my next entry will be Tuesday from ORD.

Thanks for reading.

BCOT

No comments: