Sunday, August 04, 2013

Sunday

Obviously, the trip to Harvest Path trashed any efforts to add to the blog.  For any of you who actually came back here multiple times seeking new material, I have some words of wisdom:  find more things for your life!

The new Home Page pic, of the same old tree, was snapped with the Canon mindigi today while I was doing 80 on I-80 on my trip home.  I still love that tree.

Here's 1 and 1.02 just outside the coffee shop after this morning's muffin stop.  And a separate shot of 1.01.  I'm giving them the dual designations of Grand kids of the Day.  The weekend went quickly, and there really weren't any meltdowns to speak of. 

1.01 and I did 2nd Coffee without accompaniment yesterday (while 1 did her 16-mile run on the marathon training chart and 1.1 took care of 1.02 at home), and we also visited the library afterwards.  (The library has an indoor climbing maze in the lower level...at a charge of $5.50...plus $2 for socks!...Suite!...that 1.01 had to do.  Somehow, in previous visits, we just ignored the admission table.  That could be a profit-center for Woodbury!)

I may have mentioned here before, the Woodbury Dunn's is not exactly a carbon copy of the Bettendorf store, but all of the counter fixtures and equipment obviously came from the same place.  The Americano was certainly the same coffee beans.  I'd give the shop higher marks than the Starbucks or Caribou coffee shops in the same area.

One of the long, Across solutions to the Saturday NYT puzzle was Edgar Winter.  He was (is?) a musician from the 1960-70's and the clue mentioned the song, "Frankenstein".  I gotta admit, I didn't get the solution last night when I started the puzzle, but when I was at 1st Coffee this morning, the clouds parted, and I had enough letters, so that the recesses of the Lt.'s grey matter came up with Edgar Winter.  I was very proud of myself.

For some reason, when I was back on Harvest Path chatting with the Dornies around the table before venturing out for 2nd Coffee, I remarked how Edgar Winter had been in the puzzle, and that the solution had thus reminded me of one of my All Time favorite party songs, "Gimme Some Lovin".  (Go to Youtube and find it.  The song still rocks! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFaT69CyyKU)

The only problem is that "Gimme Some Lovin" was sung by The Spencer Davis Group, not Edgar Winter.  I swear, the disconnect that goes on between the ears at times is hard to grasp.

(OK...I need to give props to 1 for helping me with one letter in a six-letter French word in the top corner of the puzzle.  That UST education finally came through!)

My pal Pete and I are doing the morning ride again tomorrow.  In the dark to start, for sure.  I did buy more lighting for my bike, the flashing red light for the rear that is actually one of those that you don't want to look at because it's so bright.  The bike shop is not afraid to charge for those things.  Cycling can be cheaper than golf, but when you buy new stuff, don't look at the price tag.

Three days of work this week and then Tahoe/Sonoma.  Thursday will be here in a hurry.  I'll try to get at least one more entry posted before departure.  And pics from the road.

Thanks for reading.  Make it a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

Good pics from the weekend. You sure spend a lot of time on the road!