Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday

Just a few lines today to recognize the start of the tournament.  Opening round games in Dayton tonight.  For most office pools, these games are disregarded in the brackets game.  That's an interesting point, but, really, who cares about the 67th and 68th teams in the tourney?

The womens' brackets were announced last night, and Baylor will have to get passed both UConn and ND to win it all.  ND would get Baylor in the semis.  Previously unbeknownst to me, Iowa is a sub-regional host this weekend, and the committee curiously sent the Irish to Iowa City for their opening games.  The Iowa women also play an 8 -9 game Sunday evening, and the winner plays ND (assuming they can get by the 16 seed!) on Tuesday.  I still am thinking about going over for the Sunday games at Carver Hawkeye.

There is a huge drop-off in skill-sets between the first 15 teams in D-I and everyone else in the women's game.  Those top four seeds could be given byes into the third round and a few more schools could have the tournament experience without changing the end results.  I'm betting that those top four seeds won't have a game closer than twenty points in those first two rounds.  Takers?

My latest case of Sometimer's is the power cord for my iPad keyboard.  The keyboard is Bluetooth, so it has a separate battery from the iPad, and a distinct connection cord.  In the last 3-4 months of travel, I've used several bags/carrying cases/duffel's for my standard have-to-take power chargers, drugs, glasses and other loose items.  I made an initial search last night for the keyboard cord and batted zero.  There's one duffel that I can't locate, but even when I find it, I'm taking the Under.  Really annoying at this point.

I have my annual physical this morning.  I have low expectations as I think the guy will just review my pneumonia progress.  There may be an Executive Check-up at Mayo's in Rochester in my future.  UPDATE:  I still have a pulse and some blood pressure.

Aunt Rosie makes her first appearance on the blog as Sister of the Day.  We had a very enjoyable lunch at her place in Olathe on Saturday.  Kansas City remains on my list of favorite places to visit.  Country Club Plaza is worth the trip.

Unseasonably cold here this week.  My calendars reflect local bike path ventures at this time of March in most of the last several years.  Not so much for 2013.  They're saying it will remain below normal all week. And this is the first week of Spring?   Bummer.

Arrianna Huffington is the guest host on Squawkbox this morning.  I get that she has made a footprint in the media world with her website.  But her input on a show primarily devoted to the securities market is a stretch. OK.  Its NBC and they're fully in the tank with the koolade drinkers.  I get that too.  But her presence today made my early switch to Bloomberg TV a lay-up.

Gotta go.  Make it a great day.

BCOT



No comments: