Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday

Just a few lines this AM to recognize the day.

I've changed the Home Page pic for the weekend to acknowledge Easter.  Throughout much of my life, Easter was a day of religious celebration.  There's been a lot of water under the bridge since those days at St. Pat's in Ottumwa when Holy Week was truly a week-long exercise of ritual and church-attendance.  But I think that it is still okay to believe in God and use this time in the calendar to spend just a few moments to consider one's fallibility.  We are not alone.

Good Friday was always an odd day for me.  Celebrating(?)  the crucifixion of Jesus Christ one day, with the knowledge that there would be a 180 degree turn in the Church's public persona the next day just never quite fully digested through my internal processor.  Not that I was necessarily a non-believer.  It just seemed a little too staged.

Enough on that.  Throughout my life as a father, I've always felt that a little religion was good for a family.  I still do.

My family for the weekend is The Winniferous.  With 2 up in the TC on Harvest Path for the weekend, W and I are roommates again.  It gets me out for some good walks each day. 

3 and 3.1 are also on the move for the weekend.  After arriving later this AM in Cedar Rapids from NYC, they'll be spending the day with 3.1's family in the Tipton/IC area.  Then it will be over to the QCA on Saturday morning, back to Tipton for a Sunday luncheon, and then once again back to the QCA later on Sunday with 3.1 heading back to the Big Apple.  3 actually will stay here Sunday night with a flight on Monday to Houston or Dallas on Monday.  Seeing the Parents is a bit of a juggling act in real life.

Glad to see the Cyclones give Hoiberg a new contact.  Not that that necessarily means he will stay for the entire term of the contract, but at least it looks good for the near future.  College coaches and contracts are not things to rely upon.

So I guess that I can say make it a good Good Friday today.

BCOT

No comments: