Saturday, August 04, 2012

Saturday

This will be just a short effort to report in on a long travel day.  @srh4, @susaneleanore and I are waiting in MSP for our flight to MLI.  The flights to SLC and MSP were OK, but I will only feel good about things once we're on the ground in Moline.

The coolest thing about the trip was our chance to see 1 and family in this airport as their plane from Sacramento landed about the same time as our's.  They had had a delay or we would have been passing ships.  It was fun to get another glimpse of 1.01 and 1.02.

I won the Over/Under bet on the number of cycilists that we would see coming up Mt. Rose this AM.  I set the bet at 3, and @susaneleanore took the Under.  I figured that we'd see four, and we actually saw eight.  Even if I set it at 5, which might have been the right number, the Over was the bet.  I didn't see any of these riders going at my speed.  Hmmm.  Think about that.

A small disappointment, at least for me, was that we really didn't have any enthusiasm to stop at the lookout for a family pic as we left Incline this morning.  Let's face it, we've seen the scenery a few times, and it could be argued that the three of us really don't make an fff quorum.  Another time.

The Hertz bill was on the exact number as projected when I placed the order six weeks ago or so.  I still need to call and complain about the counter service at RNO.  Not only was the set-up for Gold Card members non-existent, the clerk tried to up-sell me on at least a couple of items.  But the Chevy Traverse that we had for the trip was a good vehicle and we had no issues during the rental period.  That's always  good result.

And speaking of good results, it looks like I'm getting home with all of my glasses, chargers and
various other personal items that have a tendency to disappear on extended trips.  Then again, I'm not yet on Maplecrest.

OK.  Now boarded for MLI.  Look for more here tomorrow.

BCOT


No comments: