Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday

Blogger is going through another upgrade.  Not all that comforting to hear.  Gives me the same confidence as answering the door to, "Hello.  I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help."  So far, the presentation is a bit confusing to the author.

So here's the latest on the cooked wallet.  I only had to replace one credit card, my health insurance card and a CPA membership card.  All three were melded together in an unrecognizavle blob.  Yet to be determined is whether the Dunn's card (with $16 still on it) can be detached from the leather with the identity strip still readable.  We'll see tomorrrow.

A replacement wallet is still not in hand.  Actually, I know for certain that when I got the last one, that it was one of two in the package.  (It's always a good plan to have a back-up!)  I've looked in the spots where that second wallet could/should be, at the office and here on Maplecrest, and of course, no wallet is to be found.  I haven't totally given up the search, but the bet is definitely the Under.  Sometimer's rules.  In the interim, I've got a small change wallet from Margaret's things in play.

I drove down the street to Hy Vee for lunch today only to be turned away.  All of the deli kitchens serving in-store or take-out meals were shut down because of a water main break near the store.  I had heard on the news that there was the water main problem, but I hadn't done the math on the restaurant business.  The economics of that event ripple through numerous spots.  The store loses money.  Employees lose hours.  Customers have to make different choices.  Bush's fault for sure. 

Speaking of economic losers, the boys who jumped into the snow removal business a year ago went from the penthouse to the outhouse in the space of a year.  In this area, those blades spent most of the last 5 months sittin' on the side of the parking lot.  Counting on Winter being reliable around here is a recipe for a bad result.

Props to a couple of Rock Island basketball players are in order.  Chasson Randle, a 2011 graduate of Rocky and a freshman guard for the Stanford Cardinal, just won the NIT.  (In front of 4K at MSG...less than half of the crowd in DSM for the Monday women's game reported on here Tuesday.)  And Don Nelson, long-ago Rocky grad, Iowa star, Celtic's champion, and successful NBA coach, has finally had his ticket punched to the HOF.  He put in his time.  Good for him.

Give it Away by George Strait on the radio.

1 reports acquisition of the two-seat bob.  I'll be curious how it works out.  I don't think that 1.02 will care a lick, but I've got my doubts about 1.01.  We'll expect reports, Kiddo.

Another busy day tomorrow.  These are the times when I have a call on my office phone, my cell rings, and my assistant knocks to say that there's somebody down at the front desk.  Lovin' it.

All for now.  Hope everyone has a good TGIF.

BCOT

No comments: