Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sunday

The new Home Page pic was taken just a little while ago on my re-repaired Fuji mini-digi.  I think it looks pretty good.  I took a few others around our office building just to get a sense of performance, and I think we're good to go. ( These guys have got to go!)

My weekend with The Winniferous has been non-eventful.  We do our 5-miles-a-day of exercise and she accepts her place at night penned in the laminated-floored kitchen.  It may not be as touchy-feely as with 2, but it beats being boarded.  Can't say that I'm looking forward to the week-long session that I face with her next month when 2 does her au pair duties on Harvest Path.

My pal Cal and I met at Dunn's late yesterday afternoon for a glass of wine.  He had had some on-call work before he was headed for a function at church and figured I was available.  Dunn's is a mutually convenient meeting place on his route to church.  Anyway, I need to chat with the owners about their wine service.  They just started serving wine a couple of weeks ago, and I'm pretty sure that the wine I selected had been open a week or more.  Couldn't finish it.  It wasn't that good of a bottle to start with.  They probably would be better off with a smaller selection that is dumped every day or two if not used.

There is a possibility that I may do a lightening strike over to DSM tomorrow evening.  My pal Doug has his tax stuff ready for pick-up. and he mentioned that the Baylor-Tennessee women's regional final will be contested at Wells Fargo Arena at 6 bells tomorrow night.  Hmmmm.  If the lay of the land is kept at a low roar Monday AM, I just may do make that trek.

I've been questioning myself this weekend about woulda-coulda-shoulda things about my writing after reading a review of a new book, Don't Put Me In, Coach, written by a one-time walk-on at Ohio State.  This guy did have the advantage of being close personal friends with a couple of high-end, D-I (and future pro) players, but he obviously had some writing skills, and seems to have managed to parlay his situation into something substantial.  He started with a blog.

Some possible titles for future LtPC literary efforts:

1.  Life on Maplecrest.
2.  Cycle Drafting As An Art Form.
3.  Coffee Shoppe Diaries.
4.  In The City, Never Far From The Farm.
5.  Me And The IRS: A Life On The Audit Trail.

More on this later.  My immediate future is another hunt with The W and some yard maintenance.  It looks like the first mowing of the year will come this afternoon.  MPN Jim has already done his twice!  I also have some Weed 'n Feed to lay down on my parking (on top of the pre-emergent) to try to get some control on all of the broad leaf weeds that have shot up on the space re-seeded by the city last year.  I'll be lucky if I can reclaim that territory as "lawn" this year.  It may be a two-year project.

More here later.

BCOT

No comments: