Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday

The snow that came in yesterday gave us a sample of Winter.  Cool again today, but they say highs in the 30's tomorrow.  I'm thinking that Winter not really arriving until the middle of January will make the cold season almost tolerable this year.

My precaution to start my snow blower after Christmas proved fruitless.  While I had it running after just a few pulls then, when I got home from work last night anticipating a fairly quick blowing of my drive way, I was rewarded with not-so-much as a sputter out of the blower.  So it was back to the basics and the shovel.  So far today, I haven't had the shoulder pain that I had expected from the repeated tossing motion.  The sick blower heads to the repair shop on Monday.

I did some major re-arranging in my office today.  This happens every 10 years or so.  There's really only a couple of positions to set my desk, and it was time to revert back to that other option.  I spent a couple more hours going through old binders taking up space, and 80% were not kept.  We now have several boxes of empty three-ring binders if there's a need out in the peanut gallery.  And I still have more to go through tomorrow to complete the project.  Come Monday, I'll be working from a clean slate.

The winds out West have been causing havoc.  Tahoe Phil alerted me to the wind-driven Reno brush fire, and the PGA tournament today in Southern California has been halted due to high winds.  They just showed film of score boards and other structures set up for the tournament now in the water.  You don't hear of winds causing delays in many sporting events.  (I guess that the Clinton Foundation, one of the tournament's new sponsors, does some good work, but I've always had trouble getting that photo of Bill as a long-haired hippy out of my mind.  And that was few decades before Monica. That woman.)

Just to throw it out there, March Madness in the TC will need to be March 16-18, or March 23-25.  I prefer the second week, but I defer to others who have more limited schedules.

I'm headed over to the Augie game tonight.  The team has under-performed so far this year.

More later.

BCOT

No comments: