Monday, January 09, 2012

Monday...EVENING UPDATE

Great weekend in Missesota.  Here's a couple of pics of the Woodbury family. 

We really didn't do a lot of stuff.  Visits to the library and the coffee shop were the highlights!

They say that my laptop is to be ready today.  It was a little odd being on the road without it.  Not to mention the crimp that not having it put into the blog business.

This week holds a couple of busy days, and then departure for Scottsdale on Wednesday afternoon.  Golf on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Return Sunday.  It will be a quick week for sure.

I'll try to get back on here over my lunch hour.  Hope everyone has a good week.

UPDATE...So the new Home Page pic was one that I snapped on #6301082012 on Interstate 380 heading South toward Cedar Rapids with my iPhone camera.  I had noticed the shadow of my own car along the same route when we came home from the TC on Christmas Day, but I didn't have the right combination of idea, camera and implementation (and light traffic!).  Kind of an interesting view, eh?
 
The scene reminds me of that James Bond flick when Sean Connery was riding along in reconnaissance in a one-man mini-helicopter when he looks toward the ground and sees his craft's shadow followed by some big ones flown by the bad guys.

Today was re-proof of why I don't schedule meetings for Monday mornings.  This was a meeting time not of my choosing, but it was the only time the other parties could do it either today or Tuesday.  That meant that several other things had to be juggled, and other projects that should have been taken care of this AM are still open.  Yuck!  3, I feel your pain!

Maybe more later...if the laptop shows up.

EVENING UPDATE...Just a few lines before taking off for the barn.  Our expert IT outsource guys have delivered as expected on the laptop...so I have no computer at home tonight.

I have near zero interest in the BCS game tonight.  Let me re-phrase that.  I have NO interest in the BCS game tonight.  Re-runs of NCIS, if anything.

In the same vein, I have near zero interest in tomorrow's NH primary.  And the same re-phrasing applies. 

My original intent was to make tonight an alcohol-free evening on Maplecrest.  Midway through that morning meeting, it was clearly evident that the Under bet would be paying on that vino-no vino wager.

Wheels-up at 1325 hrs on Wednesday.  Busy times before then.  Any entry tomorrow will be brief.

BCOT

3 comments:

Mary Margaret said...

Kate your family is so presh. I am sad I dont get to see Master P more often!

Kristen Charles said...

What Mary said! So pretty.

1 said...

@Mary Margaret-Master P and Prince Charles are definitely the ones in charge here! She was loved the coffee shop...or was it the blueberry muffin from PC?
I wish EVERYONE was closer! She loves you guys so much and now can pick you each out by name in pictures :) (and on Jersey Shore and the Today Show for the NYC audience) :)