Thursday, August 04, 2011

Thursday

Well, we are getting very close to departure, so why shouldn't we put The Guggenheim Museum up for the Home Page?  At a later date, we'll get a pic off one of our own cameras to record the Bilbao scenery.

And the heat wave has backed-off some, so that blizzard photo doesn't quite have the same appeal as last week when we were dealing with those extreme temps.

4 and I got out last night for a little 20-miler to stretch our legs.  She may not have the mileage in preparation of the trip, but she'll be plenty strong enough to do any hill that I might want to climb.

Did anyone else out there experience the Yahoo mail blackout yesterday morning?  I haven't checked out their story today, but I think that most of their mail system was down for several hours.  Initially, I got rejected password notices on my smart phone, and re-inputting of the existing password failed to gain access.  So when I got to my desktop, I went through several iteration of the Password Reset feature...to no avail.  I began suspecting phishing as the problem. 

I put the issue aside for a while for some client business, and when I went back to the website later in the morning, I was able to get on with a new password.  I had seen on a user site that there were people internationally who had had the same problem, so I figured that Yahoo had had a software glitch on their main servers.  Goes to show ya', we are really dependent on these provider sites for our communications.

Looks like my schedule over the next three days will also include The Winniferous.  2 is headed to the TC for business and pleasure (Hello 1.01!!!), so I get the extra company at my place.  4 declined to just step-in at 2's house.  Shock.

More later.

BCOT

No comments: