Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday...CORRECTED...Sorry About that, Kiddo!


So here is official recognition of the poorly kept secret that 3 and Herky became engaged this week.  I guess that's enough news to make 3 Daughter of the Day!!  And we'll give Herky second billing as Fiance of the Day for making his move!  It seems that the big question was asked and answered Tuesday afternoon on the overlook on Mt. Rose Highway just above Incline Village.  Lots of very happy people in the fam.

We've got no details on date or location for the big day.  Should be next Summer.  Those of you who follow her on Facebook may have more details than I have given here.

The program here has been everything that I anticipated.  The Friday NYT puzzle should get me through the morning sessions.  The wrap-up speaker at 1100 hours is Kansas b-ball coach Bill Self.  I'm actually looking forward to that presentation.  Maybe an admiring pic for a fan?

Speaking of cameras (or their function),  I was digging through my computer bag at one point this AM for a pen, and in one of the recesses of one of the side pockets, I found the spare battery to the mini-digi that I thought I lost two years ago!  This is a small  follow-up on an entry from a year or so ago when I couldn't find anything, even that which I set aside specifically to find.

Tomorrow (Friday) is 4's last day for KLKN-TV in Lincoln.  I'm guessing that her case of Short Timer's Disease is pretty much out of control at this point.

Headed North after lunch.  I plan to jump off I-35 and spend a couple of hours on the hills in Southern Iowa to catch up on my mileage.  DM tomorrow night.

BCOT

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

Dad its THREE!!

We have no details - we'll figure it out when we get back from vacation!

Big thanks to Tahoe Phil and Jan (and the cousins!) for helping to make our trip to the lake amazing! Herky LOVED it!