Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday

I figured that it has been so hot and humid lately that my Home Page needed to counter the trend.  I'm already feeling cooler!

Hats off to PGA golfer Steve Stricker who managed to win the local tourney last weekend with a long birdie on the final hole.  He's had quite a three-year run here.  I've played the course several times.  The pros make it look so easy.  For the average golfer, it's a big challenge...lots of woods to get lost in, and plenty of other trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWT8yeHGA0U&feature=related  Here's the TV-car-caused crash from The Tour yesterday.  This was the breakaway group that stayed away, and the guy in green is now wearing the yellow jersey.  Talk about getting involved in the game!

I'm still trying to digest the weekend results.  I'm giving 4 Daughter of the Day honors for sucking it up and getting to KC on the back-way through Kansas in a car with no A/C in 90+ degree temps.  So hot that the Jack London went bubbly!

I'm thinking that future FFF's might require a minimum of three-night stays, especially with the reality that there will always be some elements of the group with travel challenges to face.  Don't know for sure.  But we need to do better than we did last weekend.  Just too many moving parts.

My pal Roy lives in a different world.  He flew to Richmond, Virginia yesterday (private jet, fo' sure) for a round of golf.  Back before my bedtime.  I'm betting that his cost per hole yesterday may have been more than the $5 it would cost you to play the Deere course where Stricker spent his day.

I had an odd email hit my Yahoo account last night about my Chase credit card.  Basically, they wanted a Yea-Nay on the validity of a charge yesterday to my card at a Wal-Mart in Dallas, Texas.  I was concerned about the alert being a scam itself.  Long story short, I called this AM to Chase and they confirmed the validity of the inquiry.  The Texas charge had been dis-allowed, so I didn't suffer any damage.  And they immediately cancelled the card number.

This was the same card that I used Saturday night at PF Chang's in The Plaza, and that I used at the Quick Shop for gas on Sunday morning.  Glad that Chase's system was so vigilant.  But it reminds you that while you may think that you are, you are never truly below radar.

NBC, associated stations, and their "news" personnel are so far in the tank for the President that it's even difficult for me to watch CNBC in the mornings anymore.  They must serve the kool-ade in the cafeteria at The Rock.

Need to hit the hay so that I'm ready for an early ride tomorrow.  It may be a two-a-day kind of day.

BCOT

No comments: