Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Tuesday

It looks like the NYC travelers have returned to their roosts (if not roots), after a long day with Delta.  So why wouldn't 1 and 3 hit the road tomorrow?  Rolling stones gather no moss.  We are a band of seekers.

I had to take an off-day from training today.  The bod just wasn't ready for the abuse.  I may do penance by doing a two-a-day tomorrow.  The golf does a number on my back, and too many parts ache the next day.

The house where the Sunday night party was held was one of those big old places above River Drive that faces the Mississippi.  At least 100 years old.  Twice as big (or more) as our old place on Scott Street, with three stories and many, many rooms.  The guy who owns it has done a lot of renovations, and has lots more to do.  Just the thought of the toil and trouble that goes into the maintenance of an older home wears me out.  The Money Pit is not a fictional tale. 

I flip the TdF on in the AM at the office, and maybe a little for the replay at night.  I'm pretty sure that you could replay a stage from most anytime in the last 10 years and 98% of the viewers would have no clue of the irrelevance of the race being shown.  Except for a couple of the memorable mountain top finishes with Lance, these stage races look eerily similar from day-to-day, let alone, year-to-year.

Fun factoid: the guy doing color on the TdF broadcasts, Bob Roll, is scheduled to be our speaker here in the QCA for our local bike club's Fall dinner in October.

I always think of the scenery in the movie Chocolat when they do the helicopter shots of the little French towns along the route.  I liked (still do, I guess) Juliette Binoche from that film.

The Derek Jeter Watch is down to four hits to 3,000.  Not that he needs that number for the Hall of Fame, but it is a big deal.  Incredibly, the first Yankee to 3K hits.

Yahoo has redesigned their Mail pages.  As many of you know, I've used my Yahoo account as my primary non-business email for many years.  I think that everyone tries to keep up with Google and Microsoft...with varying amounts of success.  Where's Lycos today?

The household pests have come out of the woodwork.  Literally, I think.  In the last couple of weeks, I've had to spray for some funny flying things in my laundry room, and army ants at the stoop to my kitchen door.  Tonight, I found a left-over bone from The W's visit in a basement corner covered with crawly things.  Yuck.  Orkin may be on the way.

So, obviously no news here.  Headed to bed to be ready for the early ride.

BCOT

No comments: