Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday

Well, I survived The Night of the Living Winnie last night. It wasn't too bad. A couple of messes, but I don't exactly live in a palace. And things can be cleaned. We watched some football, took some walks, and generally hung out. She's an early-riser, and we took our two-mile morning jaunt at 0530.

I wouldn't do well with a full-time pet. I have enough trouble keeping track of myself, let alone have to worry about another party. Winnie, when in the house and not in her kennel, follows you around like the toddler who is constantly at your knees. And, for the obvious reasons, she needs lots of outside walking time. 2 may need a semi-regular dog-sitter so that she can have some alone-time.

(I'm sitting here on my couch with both of my digital cameras, my smart phone, wireless mouse, and the Direct TV clicker all at hand. When I try to switch between the Yankee baseball game, and the Arizona-NY football game, it's been taking me at least two attempts as I keep picking up the wrong device. The phone and the cameras are good, but not that good.)

2 will be pleased (probably not interested) to learn that the organizers have just announced that the 2010 Giro d'Italia will have it's celebratory final stage finish in the historic Romanesque Arena in Verona (exactly where we visited last month). Cool stuff. The Arena comprises one side of our favorite spot in Verona, the Piazza Bra'.

That last stage is an individual time trial, and they'll clear out the floor seating shown in the pic. After pounding around a route through the streets of Verona, they'll finish with a lap around the Arena. Kind of like what the race organizers did at the Green Bay Marathon where they had the runners do a lap around the inside of Lambeau Field.

While 2 may get her thrills out of The Arena being in next year's race, I'm more interested in the Giro's choice of spokesperson for the 2010 event.

Need to give props to the Hawks, the 'Clones, and the Irish for all winning games Saturday that could all have gone the other way. Of the three, ISU probably pulled the biggest surprise as a win in Lincoln is pretty special. Iowa's last second, last play win was storybook stuff. ND is just trying to get wins, and maybe they deserve a break or two after a couple of forgettable seasons. (Getting these logos positioned here is a pain in the backside for sure.)

I received editorial clearance today to provide the link the blog under construction by 3 and 4. Check out www.thehoranies.com.

The girls are trying to add to this on a more regular basis. To date, there's just a handful of postings. Both can give us stuff worth reading.

We now enter one of my least favorite weeks of the year, that of Halloween. The trick or treating, the inane parades, the endless rebroadcasting of the same movies. Can a person be "Bah Humbug" earlier than Christmas?

Have a great week. Thanks for reading.

BCOT

No comments: