Friday, October 16, 2009

Friday

Happy Birthday to 3!!!

I need to get some new pics for the girls for posting here. While 2 has plenty of opportunity to be in front of my cameras, my pics of 1,3, and 4 are getting a little dated. So when I ask for smiles at our next meeting, give 'em up.
.

The damages from yesterday's filing deadline are not overly bad. My guess is that we'll have to amend a half dozen or so returns, but that was going to be the case regardless. Just glad to be past the date so that we can work on some other stuff.

.
Great news: my RCL is back on schedule! All's right with the world.


.

My pal Jake from KC was in town for about 24 hours on Tuesday-Wednesday. We met up with our friend Pete for a glass of red at Biaggi's. What a crew! We repeated to ourselves (and a couple of unfortunate souls nearby) the same outrageous stories that we tell each other every time we get together. And they're still funny. At least to us. Lots of miles on those tires.
.

And my pal Roy put on the serious dog when I delivered his tax return to him on Wednesday night at the club in Muscatine. Two bottles of Caymus Special Selection (at a cool $200+ per bottle!) over dinner. When we started talking with the bartender about what quality reds he had in the wine room, he mentioned a Chimney Rock and another in the $75 range, which was already well out of my tax bracket, but Roy said, "No, we have a real wine afficianado here, and only the best for my pal LtPC! Bring on that Caymus!" It is a fine bottle, trust me. The second one lived up to the first.

.

More later.


BCOT

No comments: