Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wednesday

Well, today was notable for me awakening to an alarm ringing before 5 bells. I mean, that is early. The plan was to join another spin class participant for a 30 minute, pre-class workout beginning at 5:15. Ouch. But it did allow me to leave the regular class a little early and get to coffee before 7. Small pleasures.

Quick trip over to IC, but no report yet on HOOPDRM's fix. My early line is that it will be a $625 minimum, with an option to go to $960. Just a thought.

Tried to find the beatification ceremony tonight, but couldn't.

My next effort here on 4KDays, beginning tomorrow, will be some interviews that I have conducted in my second life (virtual world) which should be a little more entertaining than my recent creativity. First up will be Elvis Presley. A hunk, a hunk, a hunk of burnin' luv.

BCOT

5 comments:

Soo said...

There is no reason for me to post this, but I want to share. Last night I mowed my lawn, planted the last of the plants mom gave me, pulled weeks, shreded, made dinner, AND mopped my kitchen. This my friends is me being productive. Doesn't happen a lot. When it does, I brag.

1 said...

we went to the twins game last night and got to our seats about 35 minutes before game time. we were minding our own business (aside from the creep sitting next to 1.1-why does that always happen to him? creeps with bad breath sit next to him and want to talk the whole time!) anyway...i was eating my soft pretzel and filling out my scorecard when a promotions guy came up to us and asked if we'd hold a sign up and be on the jumbotron in the middle of the second inning. of course i said YES! 1.1 of course said no thanks. so i went and held up a sign and got to be on the jumbotron for about 10 seconds and got a $25 gift card for the restaurant i was promoting! it was so cool!!! i probably got asked because i was wearing my authentic morneau jersey :) the game was fun and we were glad we were inside because it was raining off and on outside. lots of hits and the hometown team walked away with the W. we got home at a decent hour, but i'm so tired today....
1.1 leaves at oh-dark hundred tomorrow for pitt. it will be marathon #5 this sunday. his dad will be competing in his first 1/2 marathon and his uncle will be doing his thousandth marathon. (not really, but it is some bizarre number.) hopefully they have easy travel and good weather.
i managed to avoid the first round of cuts but won't know for sure about anything till july probably. good times.

camperkev said...

I think house productivity for 2, given you are a full fledged grad student, is procrasination in disguise. :) I used to do loads of laundry, yard work, vacuuming, etc. to avoid reading, writing papers, the dissertation......

Soo said...

Thanks for calling me out Kev.

Soo said...

Verona Hotel: http://www.booking.com/hotel/it/ranticosanzenoverona.html?label=gog235jc;sid=3dffc6b82af9976e9345ec30177b63e2;checkin=2009-09-16;checkout=2009-09-20