Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday

Looks like a little rain in my future. Did spin this AM and may do some yard work later on if the rain holds off.

Great afternoon yesterday on the course down at Geneva CC in Muscatine. My first time with a golf club in my hands since early January in Scottsdale. Not ugly results, and no permanent damage to the bod (I don't think). We did play from the white tees which makes a difference on several holes. But when you're sixty years old, who cares what tees you play from? Pride has dropped down (or off) the priority scale.

I am going to work with one of the trainers at Gold's next week for a couple of sessions to get a rehab plan for my lower back. The accident didn't do any damage there, but sitting on the couch for two months has atrophy'd whatever strength I had there. No issues with cycling, but that move when swinging a club is another story. And even standing for any length of time at a cocktail party is a bit of a problem.

My favorite spin-Nazi also leads a step class of some sort and I may sign up for a couple of those sessions too. I noticed the class while leaving spin this morning, and it looks like a really good workout. (This is a realization that came after failing to keep up with Gilad on some simple floor exercises on a FitTV program this week.)

4 had the unwelcome surprise of a thief lifting her Garmin device from her car Thursday night. Alleys are bad spots in any town. IC's alleys may be worse because so many apartments use back entrances. Lots of traffic. Lots of vandalism. I wonder when the bad guys will figure out that my house is unlocked 24/7. And has been for several years. (Does that say something about the value of my abode's contents?)

1's on the road to DM to visit her friend Sarah this weekend.

It's the Drake Relays weekend in DM which is one of the state's premier events. National recognition. World class athletes. An event run like clockwork. If a race is scheduled to go off at 2:15, it will go off at 2:15. Unlike most track meets that run events somewhat loosely after the previous event has been completed, the Drake officials keep watch on the clock, and will hold up a race until the score board clock reads exactly the scheduled time.

All for now. More later.

BCOT

No comments: