Monday, August 27, 2007

Monday

Quite the set of comments from yesterday. Must be lots of boredom out there.

I go back in to see the doc in the AM on my thumb. I am sooo tired of this cast! I think that the scheduled protocol is to re-cast it for another three weeks. I may go off the deep end by then.

This experience has the same psychological stresses associated with a natural right-hander trying to learn to shoot lay-ups left-handed. At least with that challenge, you don't have to master miniature motor skills. This business of opposable thumbs is probably as critical as higher intellect in the progression of homo sapiens.

2 should probably lead us in a discussion on footwear. I think that I fall into that "Old Folks" category where shoes are something to shelter your feet from the elements. You have your weekday shoes, your Sunday church shoes, your gym shoes, and some knock-arounds. Maybe some Winter boots. Maybe both brown and black weekday shoes. Maybe sandals for the Summer. And in my case, biking shoes.

Fashion may not be my strong suit. But that's not much of a secret, is it?

BCOT

No comments: