Friday, August 03, 2007

Friday

Nice to hear from 3 as she was burning the midnight oil.

This cast is getting a little old. But I did drive my car for the first time today. But it remains impossible for me to write anything, including my signature. Showering is work.

My pal Roy heads to Scotland tomorrow for 10 days of golf. Life's a beach.

This first week of August was the time of Summer when we would do whatever vacation that we would do when the girls were young. All the Summer's organized activities were over, business was usually slow, and there was a bit of a lull before school stuff started. I always said that in August it was hard to find many clients at their offices. They were taking their vacations too! I think that the facts remain much the same today.

I missed Anderson Cooper last night. I'm pretty sure that he was able to conclude that the TC bridge collapse was a problem traceable to Washington DC. Maybe it is. Interstate bridges are mostly paid for with Federal money. Whom ever voted against bridge appropriation bills in the last twenty years will be placed in the media's spotlight.

There is a reason why people in areas of responsibility (public officials, professionals or business owners, for example) often joke about wanting to be a greeter at Walmart.

The new Bourne movie is out today. It's received positive reviews. I'll be glad when it hits video.

Have a great Friday evening.

BCOT

No comments: