Monday, August 13, 2007

Monday

A disclaimer to start with: this is not the new blog. Just some random catching-up on some stuff from over the last week. The idea machine for the new blog is still processing data.

I think we have had a one day break from the heat. The paper today said that it was supposed to be 100 tomorrow! My poor old AC unit at my house is working hard to keep things in the mid-'70's inside.

How hot was it in my car during the day in KC? It was so hot that toner melted off a recently copied sheet of paper onto the leather seats, and I can't get the stain out!

Discovery Cycling has pulled the plug as of the end of the year. The organization is actually Tailwind Sports, and Discovery is the current sponsor (replacing US Postal Service 3 years ago). Tailwind ran into a headwind in it's effort to replace title sponsors for next year, and with the current doping and the sport's overall governance issues, the shutdown became a business decision.

And the 24 spun out (with no help from others) while in the lead with just two laps to go yesterday at Watkins Glen. Unbelievable. That was the equivalent of Tiger four-putting on 18 to lose a tournament.

My garden is officially shut down. I'm ripping out the plants this weekend. While I was gone, the rabbit's took bites of every tomato on the vine. I hope they were sour tomatoes.

The cast remains a nuisance. Not really sore. A little achy at times. And very inconvenient.

Pro football is in full pre-season swing. Without checking the Internet, name four players on the Carolina Panthers. Who knew Carolina had a team? Who cares?

My biggest problem with the cast is that I keep hitting, unintendedly, random keys on the keyboard. I just move the middle of the last paragraph to the middle of the previous paragraph.

So I'm going home for some Tuscan red.

Where's your addition to literacy, 4?

BCOT

No comments: