Monday, November 16, 2015

Monday

I am deficient for failure to recognize 3.01's one-week birthday yesterday!  So Happy Birthday, one day late, Bear!

Its a bit unusual for this time of year that I was out on the golf course yesterday, but it was 65 degrees out there.  My pal Ron really wanted to play, and I had no good reason not to, so we teed 'em up.  No money changed hands...meaning that we both played poorly enough to finish in a tie.  My back survived.

I still had plenty of time when I got back home to finish picking up leaves and mowing my back yard.  As a bonus, I noticed a half-bag of weed 'n feed lawn fertilizer in the garage as I was putting the mower away, and did an application to stop the advance of some broad-leaf weeds that are coming over from the neighbor's yard in the back.

I have almost twenty bags of leaves for the city to pick up later this week.  Most of these are attributable to a couple of big trees in a neighbor's yard two houses to my West.  All the while I'm raking, I'm thinking what a useless endeavor I'm being required to effort simply because of this guy's trees.  There's my time.  There's an out-of-pocket cost.  Really an irritant.  There oughta be a law.

One bright point of the experience was that, after having a bit of an ineffective time of it with the leaves around my front bushes in Act I on Saturday afternoon, I found/discovered/remembered the yard vacuum/blower that I had in my garage.  (Another example of CRS.  I'm sure it has been years since it was last used.)  So I was able to go in and suck all the leaves in the hard-to-get place in both the back and front yesterday.  Its a loud tool, but it is efficient.

It was a year ago this past weekend that we had the clan gathering in LV to remember Aunt Martha.   Lots of water under the bridge since then.  I miss her.

Internet Explorer is evil.  Just sayin'.

For the record, I don't think climate change is on the radar screen of the jihadists.  I don't think that the Left would have any problem naming them as Christian radicals if they came from a murderous segment of the that religion.  And "vetting" hundreds of thousands of immigrants is a pipe dream.  Leading from behind ain't gonna cut it.

Make it a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT


No comments: