Thursday, October 01, 2015

Thursday

This has been another day of inching back to normalcy.  The body is still a little off.  I was wide-awake at 0430 this morning...so I did laundry...and fully cleaned-out my checked-suitcase.  I think that I'll try to stay up a little later tonight and then get an extra 45 minutes or so of sleep.

I took the bike that I bought in Barcelona over to the local bike shop yesterday to get it tuned-up for anticipated sale on eBay/Craig's List.  There wasn't anything wrong with it, just needed a few small items tweaked after the initial road trials in Spain and France.  The bike is Trek's "starter" road bike, meaning it is not carbon-fiber, and has lower-end components.  That said, it's a fine bike, and if I don't get an adequate bid, I'll keep it for special purposes.

I passed my "left-over" Euro funds to my pal Roy who is leaving tomorrow for a 10-day river cruise in Portugal.  Among other places, they visit Fatima, so there will be candles lit and prayers said for us...I think.  There will be candles lit for sure.

Cards win!  Cards win!  Cards win!  The NL Central division.  All that means is that they don't have to play the one-game, sudden-death wild-card game.  As divisional winners, they get the 5-game series at least.  The Cubs and Pirates play the NL wild-card game, with the winner then getting the Cardinals.

In addition to the bike, we brought home six bottles of Bordeaux red wine.  Those bottles were packed in our checked-bags.  No problems.  We'll be saving those bottles for the right FFF in the future.  They won't be run through the regular MCSC inventory.

The RCL had been through her regular cleaning last week, so my house was pretty much spotless when I got home on Tuesday night.  The PN had mowed my yard.  Really, all I needed to do was, unpack, go to the grocery store, and then get my laundry done.  That was easy.

 
Dinner at a beach-front restaurant in Barcelona.
 
Saint Emilion.
 
Biking at the Atlantic near Bordeaux.
 
I have pictures on my phone that I need to transfer to my computer to supplement the regular camera pics.  There has to be a way>
 
All for today.
 
BCOT
 
 
 
 
 




 

No comments: