Monday, October 19, 2015

Monday

Well, that first half of the month was all of the vapor trail that I thought it would be.  Really glad to be past the 15th.  It will take some time to sort through the rubble.

My personal physician got me a re-fill on the Z-Pack for my cold.  The first go-around killed about 85% of the thing, but I had plateaued there and I didn't want it to drag on any further.  We'll see.  I haven't felt anywhere near as bad as I did with that bout of pneumonia 2-3 years back, but bad enough that I'm not taking any chances this time.

Fun night in IC with 2.  We really hadn't chatted much since our return from our trip, and the evening gave us time to compare our after-the-fact takeaways from the journey.  2 has put together a real nice scrapbook, and I downloaded to her laptop the pics from my two cameras for use in a photo-book that we plan to design for our archives.  Since I didn't blog as
much this time out, I'll need to add a few paragraphs to describe some things as we went through our tour.  Not that text is what makes a photo book a photo book.

That is a bottle of vino in the pic that we brought back from Bordeaux.  Very meh.  I made sure that we drank a bottle that was just the first of two of the same bottles that we brought back with us...so 4 will be able to partake in the other one when she next comes this way.  But really, the Rodney Strong that we had with dinner was much better on the palate.

Speaking of the trip, I initiated today the insurance claim on the two bumper scrapes that Hertz saw fit to charge me over $1600 on when I turned in the car in Bordeaux.  After the go-around I had with AmEx on the rear window issue in Spain in 2011, I signed up for an automatic insurance program that kicks in whenever I rent a car on that card.  After doing a fruitless email exchange with a customer service rep at the card company, I just went to the online site for the insurance division and filed a claim.  Unfortunately, I know how these things go.  Their first response will most assuredly be that I am not covered.  Of course, their $19.95 premium deduction on the same statement containing the Hertz bill may be a bit difficult for them to ignore.  I wonder what the exclusions will be in the fine print?  Parking ramps in France?  Over/Under on the time frame to resolve?  6 weeks.  Taking the Over.

I took time to make one of my very irregular visits to Kohl's
over the weekend...since I had received a 30% Off coupon in the mail last week.  It was time to rotate through a few of the golf shirts that have made it through their last season on the course.  Either they are expanding their sizing, or I'm shrinking as I am now a Medium in most pullover dry-fit shirts.  There was a time when I was an Extra Large.  The last several years, I've bee a Large.  I'm thinking we might have an example of the Walmart-ing of America here.



I blew it here with failing to honor 3 as Daughter of the Day last week for her birthday.  Sorry, Kiddo.  There were a number of balls that hit the deck on my watch
last week.

I hope to get back with it on the blog.  Don't give up on me yet!

Make it a great week in your neighborhood.

BCOT

No comments: