Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Wednesday

The trip to NYC was a home run.  Another example of where the best plan is no plan. 3, 3.1 and 4 were great hosts.  We saw a lot of the town, ate well, and, of course, sampled a few bottles of vino.

I put the pics up last night in two segments as I had thought that I would be doing an entry and would use the pics as reference points.  Then I had trouble posting from the iPad/iPhone cloud and there is no way to easily merge entries from the desk-top Blogger and mobile Blog Press.  I punted when I ended up mowing the yard.

My Top Ten take-away's from the weekend:

1.  I got lucky again with air-travel.  It wasn't stress-free, but the end-results were very good.
2.  There are tourists everywhere. And we didn't really hit many of the big tourists' spots.
3.  MoMA is always worth a visit.
4.  NYC is absolutely the ultimate melting-pot of peoples and cultures.  That is evident just walking down the street.
5.  Pretty sure I wouldn't want to own a car in NYC.  While there are many urban similarities with C-town, I would never want to be fighting traffic in/around/to/from Manhattan.
6.  Street-side vending is a big industry.  Including fresh grilling of kabobs!  Not very appealing to the germaphobe in me.
7.  Lobby-bar pricing for wine by-the-glass is a high profit-margin business.  (Not news, of course, but its always an eye-opener.)
8.  Not a big fan of the nearly all-organic selections at Whole Foods.  I'll give the nod to Hy Vee.
9.  If you can't find a topic of interest from a visit to Grand Central station, you have no imagination.
10.  See 9 above re: a visit to Washington Square Park.

I was disappointed (and a little surprised actually) to get home and find that the PN had not mowed my yard.  It must have been the rainy weather as his was a little shaggy as well.  So with no enthusiasm, I fired-up my mower when I got home from work last night and figured I'd at least get the front yard done.  I had to catch the clippings as it would have otherwise left a hayfield, so it was slow-going.  But I pressed on, thinking that I would run out of gas...but no such luck...and I was able to get the back yard done as well.

That pass-through my property opened my eyes to several items that need attention around my place.  The Winter was not kind to several of my landscape bushes, the place needs a full treatment of mulch, and its time to paint the front shutters and the doors to the garage and front of the house.  The question is, how much of this work do I have hired done?  Taking the Over on what ever the bet is set at.

We're now at the end of April.  Given my schedule for the next four weekend, May will be a flash.  Tahoe will be here in a heartbeat.  Live like you were dyin'.

Maybe more later.  Hey 3!  What day is it?

BCOT

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

HUMPDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Great pics!! Another great PC visit - thanks again for coming!