Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Tuesday II...Just Taking a Break...From my Work!!

4 advised me today in a call that my absence from the blog had been a bit of a disconnect for her...that she had broken any habit of daily checking it since there had been so many days with nothing new added to the story.  I get the reality of those kind of personal choices that we all make.

I may have commented here previously that 2 has professed the theory that it takes 21 days to make/break a habit.  There are a number of Google hits on this 21-day hypothesis.  I'm thinking that 21 days for the simple things in life like not eating ice cream or taking a 30-minute walk can be habit-forming in that three-week stretch.  Obviously, the more complicated the habit, the more debatable the time frame to make/break it.

Don't get the idea that 4000 Days is in trouble.  While I do use it as a means to keep me involved an often one-sided conversation with the fam, the personal benefits remain very rewarding.  Once the cloud of April 15th passes, I'll be exploring other ideas to maybe add some freshness to what can be an oft-repeated story.  As 2 is quick to point-out, some of my meanderings here are not that surprising to her...she lives out many of these stories in real-time.

CPA's go through the doldrums this time of year every year.  (I actually thought that The Doldrums had a Greek mythology origin, but if so, its not on the first couple of Google pages.  I must have been doing a crossword that day in Mythology class.)  Mine are far from serious, but there's definitely a deep rut to be followed these next couple of weeks.  Inspiration is not part of the trail.

OK.  Got that out of my system.  I don't even want that last brownie.

Props to 1 and 1.1 for hosting March Madness again.  Props to 3 and 3.1 for the rooms at the Sheraton and the related diversion for 1.01 and 1.02 in the hotel swimming pool.  Props to @srh4 for the lasagna for Saturday's din-din.  And props to 2 for again riding shot-gun in the Buick for 12+ hours.  Its always nice when a plan comes together and works out as planned!

We did yeoman's work supporting the family tradition with a wine party in the hotel lobby late on Friday night.  2, 3, 3.1 and myself.  Three bottles of Rodney Strong top shelf.  I had brought along some throw-away (but reuseable) wine glasses from Maplecrest after an unsatisfactory experience at my last hotel stay while on the road earlier in March.  The glasses definitely added some class to the party.  (The maids must have thought we had used hotel glassware as the glasses disappeared with the Saturday cleaning of the rooms!  Glad they were throw-away's.)


Prepare for our favorite day.

BCOT

No comments: