Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesday

I had great expectations of getting an entry done last night (Tuesday), or at the latest, early this AM.  The best laid plans, yada, yada, yada.

I'm making 3 Daughter of the Day.  She's in the middle of a business trip in Hong Kong.  Trying to figure out sleep on a trip like that has to be awful.  I'm very proud of her.  She's out in the deep water with the big fish.  You're a star, Kiddo!

That time change the DST coulda waited a week or two.  I like the reality of early morning light, so sun-up before 0600 fit my profile.  This extra hour of sun in the evening really isn't doing much for me since I usually don't leave the office until 1845 or so.  I slept so poorly at the hotel in Woodbury last weekend that the loss of an hour on Saturday night didn't register on my circadian rhythms scale.  (I have noticed though that I've been a little late to the shower the last couple of mornings, so I must not yet be adjusted.)

The conference tournaments get into gear tonight with the bigger conferences having their versions of the play-in games.  In days of old, when conferences either had only 8 members or only had their top 8 teams play in the season-ending tournament, games would normally start either Thursday or Friday.  Now, most conferences allow all teams in their tournament, but the top four teams will get a bye and the lower-placing teams will have to play an extra game.  Its a fun week for b-ball junkies.

My furnace was shut down when I made it back to Maplecrest on Monday night.  Very odd.  Everything else in the house was working fine (other than that the clocks were off an hour, of course.)  This was a new unit three years ago, but I hadn't had the HVAC guys back for a routine maintenance check since installation.  I deduced that it may have been the fuse mounted on the furnace since all other house electric items were working.  A quick trip to Home Depot and replacement of the fuse confirmed that it was not the fuse.

The service panel didn't have a quick-release feature, so although doubtful of my skills to do anything, I unscrewed the panel to take a look at the inside mechanisms.  One glance at the all-electronic controls confirmed that the appropriate step was to dial up the HVAC folks.  I did that on Tuesday morning, the guy came out at the agreed time, and he had it re-fired with little fanfare.  He did some diagnostic work on the systems, found nothing, and gave me a bill for $79.  I considered it a cheap date, and a win-win result.  Think of all the bad options that could of been the alternative outcomes.  All problems should be resolved as such.

Speaking of problems, I had to replace my top-of-the-line Thermos coffee cup.  After the cleaning folks at the office put it through the dish washer that last time, the seal-tight mechanism in the lid was rendered something less than perfect when we dismantled the lid to get the dish soap out of it.  Then I dropped the cup a week or two ago, and the seal ring broke and the sealing mechanism just wouldn't work. Working the Glad Game here, the new cup came in yesterday, so I'm back in business.  Love that HOT coffee!  (The coffee shop oughtta make money when they sell theses things for $35.99, right?)

Finally, I'm giving 4 the last brownie for today.  I think she's still sitting in the terminal at ORD waiting for a flight to LGA.  Late night for that girl!  This pic came from snowman-making on Harvest Path.  Hope you make it home tonight, Kiddo.

All for tonight.  Thanks for reading.

BCOT

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Discover how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are living their dreams TODAY.
JOIN TODAY