Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Tuesday

I had hoped to get a better handle on my re-entry into the blog, but the day after a due date tends to be hectic for all the things that were put off in the crush before the due date. Today was no exception. And the two bottles of Tuscan red last night sapped a little energy as well.

I can share that I have decided to construct the blog under a category theory with the focus of each daily entry determined by a general assignment. More or less like the sections of a newspaper or website. My categories will be:

1. Sports
2. Travel
3. Family History
4. Craig Wilson-like topics.
5. Current Events
6. The Work Place
7. Other

This is a preliminary list, and there may be additions as I get more comfortable with the format. I've left off Politics and Religion from the standard list, but I suspect that there will be entries on each as time goes by, particularly with the 2008 elections. I would like there to be a Weekly Guest's entry as well. My goal is to use these categories as a means to gather and store entry ideas on an on-going basis so that I don't find myself sitting at the computer with nothing to say.

The goal of the blog remains threefold:

1. To maintain an interactive touchstone for our family,
2. To give some insight to The Girls about who I am today, and
3. To provide an outlet for the writer inside me.

The blog's Daughter of the Day is 3. Happy Birthday. Hope you can make it to IC on the 27th. Power tailgating for sure.

So tomorrow is the real deal. Stay tuned.

BCOT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like the topic selection and promise to do my part for the weekly guest entry. long weekend coming up, so i'll try to think of something good....