Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Wednesday

I'm giving a shout out to 1 and 2 today for combining to inspire my recent effort to get serious about some indoor exercises.  After the last round of golf with my pal Ron in mid-November, my back was killing me.  I had to decline a chance to play another round in the week before Thanksgiving because I just didn't want to put up with the discomfort that I knew would be with me if I teed it up.


So I made just a minimal effort to do so very simple stretching movements on the floor before going to bed...and a few more when I got up in the mornings.  My psychology was further motivated when I saw 1 do just a few stretching exercises at @srh4's over Thanksgiving.  I brought the stability balls into play after a few days.  At this point, I'm up to about 20 minutes or so in the evening, and maybe 10-15 minutes in the AM.


Several things are going on here.  First, I'm sleeping better.  Second, when I wake up, I'm no where's near as achy as I have been in the mornings in recent years.  I'm literally stunned at the amount of improvement in these key lifestyle matters with such little effort/time.  I mean, after just a few days of no more than 10 minutes twice a day, there was absolutely a noticeable difference to the better in both quality of sleep and overall body feeling.

So I'm nodding to 2 here as she has etched in my brain the fact that 21 days of doing something creates a habit.  I'm not quite there, but I am mentally anal about giving the time to the exercises twice a day.  Plus, I've been remembering just a little bit from the Maplecrest Fitness Club (MFC) from three years ago and adding those moves to my routine.  It may not be as fashionable as hot yoga, but I like these results!

I'm a bit excited...well, mostly curious...to see if this all helps my back on the golf course come Scottsdale next month.  I seem to recall that the Summer of the MFC, I had a pretty nice run on the course.  It would be great if I could give my retired pal Ron a lesson or two.


Here's a shot of 3.01 from earlier today.  3 reports that he is growing at a good pace.  Regularly scheduled doctor's visit for him today went well.


Lots of chat in the local area today on the Rose Bowl.  Mostly about how expensive the trip might be for the brave souls who venture out there.  My pal Dr. Doug from DSM is definitely going.  Most of the folks I know from around here are doing the math and having a hard time justifying the expense.  Not that I would be one to go, but I think I would rather do PHX rather than LA.  I'm guessing that ND-OSU in the Fiesta Bowl will be a good draw.


Iowa takes on Iowa State in Ames tomorrow night.  I don't have the odds, but I'm saying to take the 'Clones and give the points.


All for tonight.  Hope it is a Good Thursday in your neighborhood.


BCOT





1 comment:

Morgan said...

You ought to basically fantastic not to mention solid advice, which means notice: GE Monogram Appliance Repair