Sunday, December 20, 2015

Sunday

Happy Birthday to 1.02!!!  You are Grandson of the Day.  And my favorite Toad!  Hard to believe that it has been four years.  So much water under the bridge since then.  I'm looking forward to seeing you on January 1st.


So much for the 'Clones undefeated streak.  Today's CBS Sports poll punished them big time in the ratings.  No wins across Top Twenty teams.  A loss to an unranked one.  They have work to do.


It looks like the finger nail on my left pinkie will not be returning to full growth from the TOMRV accident, now six months ago.  The very top of the nail seems to have lost the growth plate.  I should be able to file the new leading edge down so that it's shrunken coverage will not be noticeable to the public, but it will remain another scar known to me of my travels on the open road...literally.  Its a good story.


Speaking of cycling...and TOMRV '16...I'll be off that ride next year due to a conflict on my schedule.  And I'll be missing the Geneva Member-Guest golf outing in early June as well because of a trip down to Charleston, SC for a wedding in my pal Pete's family.  So the traditional check-marks on my early Summer schedule will be different next year...but in a good way.

And the fam needs to commit to some specific dates for Tahoe 2016.  Not that its critical, but the Hot August Nights dates for Reno are August 2-7.  The auction was so underwhelming last year, the car show should not carry much weight.  By the calendar, July 24th and July 31st are Sunday's.

We had our office Christmas party last night.  Actually, it wasn't an official office party, but rather a personal effort by my pal Bill and spouse to share some Christmas cheer with all of the folks who work in the building.  All said, it was well done and well-attended.  I was the oldest person there, of course.  I'm more of a "sit down over wine with friends" kind of guy these days.  I don't do so well with party games. 

And speaking further of wine, most of the popular Cabernet's at Hy Vee are 2013 vintages now.  I'm looking forward to spending some time at Total Wine when I get up to the TC on January 1st.  Among other options, they have a lot of Bordeaux and Italian labels from the older years.  (We have Total Wine in Scottsdale as well.)

The bowl season started yesterday.  I'm sure that matters to some.

The Democratic presidential debate was last night as well.  What I said about the bowl games.


Just checked my flight schedule for NYC this week.  I was certain that I had signed-up for an early next Sunday departure, but there appears to be a mis-read on my part...7:25PM, not 7:25AM!  I'm sure that that was just an error by me when I bought the ticket.  It'll be midnight before I get to Maplecrest...driving to/from ORD for this one.  Hello senior moment.  I guess I'll be brunchin/lunching in the city with that ETD.


All for now.  This reads like a long Twitter entry.  Not much creativity.  Sorry.


BCOT

1 comment:

1 said...

A little more time to spend with PLD then!