Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday

That birthday week was a good one.  Nothing outrageous.  But plenty of good vino.  Good friends.  Now three days of prep for the trek to Scottsdale.

My experiment with the stability ball as my only desk "chair" in my office is officially over.  I threw up the drogue chute yesterday and bought a new traditional chair.  It had become just too uncomfortable to not have any lower back support.  Not sure what that means.  I didn't feel a marked increase in core strength these last couple of months using just the ball.  Plan B yet to be defined.

(I don't think that I mentioned here that when I got rid of my old chair in November, I utilized the "curb system" of disposal.  It wasn't totally trash, but the Over/Under bet of finding a paying user was definitely the Under.  So I took the chair home and set it out at the end of my driveway.  It was gone by the next morning.  Suite.)

Glad to see the PGA back on the viewing schedules.  They have a 2014-champions-only event going on over in Hawaii this weekend.  The optics from the TV coverage are stunning.  Now, a course like that would just eat up the average golfer, but the pros are more than able to handle the conditions.  The scenery reminds me of the courses that we played at Cabo a few years back.  With a limited field, its kind of a money-grab for these guys.  The first full-field tournament starts Thursday, also in Hawaii.

For those dying to know, NASCAR is still a month away from the first green flag.  Daytona Speedweeks start with an All-Star race on February 14th.

My PN and his wife Judy gave me a holiday tray of goodies after my return from NYC.  You have to understand, these are tea-totaler people.  The gift included a bottle of wine, cheese and a couple of boxes of crackers.  Now, the wine may not have been one that I would have purchased, but they got the grape right...Cabernet Sauvignon...by checking my recycling bin!  It says a lot for them as neighbors that they would do that for me.  How cool!

I've come up with a new analysis/explanation for my CRS condition; "Too many mind".  This is a quote taken loosely from The Last Samurai in a scene where Tom Cruise is having his lunch handed to him by one of the Samurai swordsmen in a practice drill.  One of the English-speaking sons of the main good-guy Samurai steps in to tell Cruise that he has "too many mind", that, in essence, he is thinking too much.  I feel that way when I have to switch from a client question about the tax treatment of a transaction, to a different client asking about an amendment to provision in a company's retirement plan.  And before I get that answered, I get a call from a third client who wants to know what I think about selling his shares of Deere.  Too many mind.

Yeah, I won't be watching the Golden Globes this evening.  Never have, why start now?  Plus, I don't go to movies, watch little entertainment TV, and virtually never watch NBC for anything.  Fundamentally, I have such a low regard for Hollywood, I certainly am not going to waste time watching the industry congratulate themselves on their "achievements".  Other than that, I have no opinion on this stuff.

Hope the week is off to a good start in your neighborhood.

BCOT

No comments: