Friday, January 02, 2015

Friday

Happy New Year to all.  Very low key on Maplecrest.  I had a small bug that I needed to beat down, so I stayed in and pounded down the vitamin C.  Successfully.  Now headed up to Harvest path shortly to celebrate with the Dornies.

My interest in the bowl games was nominal.  I caught parts of the games yesterday, but none of the second halves.  I mean, when the only teams playing are ones that you either don't follow or root against, the incentive to give your time is shallow.  I was glad to see ND win a bowl game for a change (but I didn't watch much of it either).  I'll listen to the Hawks today on my drive North.

This major reduction in the pump-price of gasoline is a big deal.  It makes you wonder about the oil company profits at $120 per barrel.  They say the Saudi's can make big profits on $40 oil.  So the consumer just pays through the nose at those higher prices, and Big Oil just rakes it in.  Is it ever supply/demand?

And it also makes me wonder about those prices at the airport or the ballpark.  Exactly why does that hotdog cost $7.50?  Because that's what the market has decided.  That's what consumers expect.  Why charge less?  How do we introduce fracking to the airport/arena marketplaces?

I haven't really formalized a definite set of goals for 2015.  But generally, I want to work less than I did in 2014, and I want to do more of those leisure activities...golf, biking, writing.  We're talking about that trip to Barcelona and Bordeaux.  I need to get to Tahoe for a few days.  Scottsdale.  NYC.  Chicago.  Mostly, do better about working less, and keep that target of being away from Maplecrest for 60 days.

Might jump back on here from the road.

BCOT

No comments: