Friday, December 26, 2014

Friday

So we did Christmas in a small but fun way yesterday. 4 had to work until about 1400 local, so we whiled-away the morning with coffee, greasy-spoon breakfast and a walk in the East Village.











Decently-warm weather. Lots of places open, but nothing really crowded.











The plan today is for 3 and I to meet 4 for lunch and some kind of modified fff until 3.1 gets done with work. Wine may be involved.

Special props to 3 and 3.1 for their new condo. A very spiffy place. Great location. Plenty of space. I'm sure that it will be a Memory Maker for them.











We watched a fair amount of FOX News programming during the mid-day time-slots, knowing that 4 was whispering in the ears of the anchors. Then when 4 got to the condo, we enjoyed her commentary about the shows, the personalities of the on-air people, and the handling of content on a non-news-y day. Pretty cool to know that she's a part of national broadcasts. You are a star, Kiddo!!

Small note...I miss my Dunn's coffee mug. A standard SB cup just doesn't keep the heat in the Americano at my slow rate of drinkage. (Yeah, that may not be a word, but the meaning is clear, right?). But discretion is certainly the better choice here. The likelihood of the mug making it to NYC and back with my CRS in play would be near zero.

It was a hoot to FaceTime with Harvest Path. Technology shrinks the world.

Speaking of technology, 3.01 gave me one of those back-up battery packs for my mobile devices. That means that I now have a back-up to my iPhone battery (which is already backed-up by the sleeve-case), and the iPad. The back-up pack has like 6 adapters to fit various devices. Somewhat doubtful of my ability to not lose those items.
Technology has also allowed me to hear from my pals during the trip. Seems like everyone has had a good holiday. Mostly, we are all reasonably healthy. What a great statement to be able to make.












Obviously, not much to report. Just letting my vast readership know that all is well here in The Big Apple. Thanks for reading. Make it a great day in your neighborhood.

BCOT




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments: