Saturday, September 13, 2014

Saturday

Big day for football in the state of Iowa today.  The line is still at the Hawks giving 12 and 1/2.  Hawks win.  Don't cover.

I hope the politicians stay away from any debate on whether the two schools should continue to play this game every year.  I mean, why wouldn't you want this game?  Oh.  I forget .  It makes sense to play. 

ND is playing Purdue in Indianapolis and giving 29.  I'm thinking that will be hard to cover as well. 

As 4 noted on Twitter yesterday, ESPN Game Day is set up today in Fargo, North Dakota.  This recognition is due largely to the Bison's success against upscale competition.  Including Iowa State and Minnesota.  The prevailing logic for the future for any of the power conference schools looking for a nice pre-conference game is DON'T schedule North Dakota State!

Speaking of logic, how is it that every investigative reporter in the world is looking into every crevice and under every rug as to what Roger Goodell knew or didn't know at various points on the Ray Rice time line, but can't bother with routine follow-up on the l-o-n-g list of White House mis-speaks or mis-rememberings?  Fergasun, Missouri.  Michael Samm.  Gotta have the right perspective in our mass-media culture.

It was in the high 30's here this AM.  I'm okay with that.  My pal Pete and I will do the DeWitt Ride in the morning, and that will likely be one of my last rides of the season.  Darkness.  Cold.  Low-hanging sun.  All dis-incentives for a less-than-motivated cyclist.

I signed and dated a lot of tax returns yesterday.  I'm amazed that I always remember the date...9-12.  For a guy who has a history of not remembering dates.  High school girlfriend's birthday.  Pancreatic cancer victim a couple years back.

Views from the past!

Make it a great weekend in your neighborhood.

BCOT


1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

just for the record, i like the blast from the past pictures. GO HAWKS!