Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Wednesday

The new Home Page pic was taken from the tower of the deYoung Museum of Fine Arts in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on July 26th with the Canon mini-digi.  (This is an aerial shot of the museum that I pulled from the Internet.)  2 and I had taken the long way home back to Aunt Margaret's after the morning on Fisherman's Wharf with the Dornies and @srh4.  The building across the way in my pic is a science academy of some sort.  The area was pretty busy during our visit.  The art was, meh.

My iPhone has been on the fritz.  (Again, my apologies to the racist use of the term fritz.)  I'm guessing that the problem is the result of user abuse, mainly my fumblitis which has had the phone hitting the deck a few times in recent weeks.  Alert sounds don't sound unless I'm in that application at the time.  Which mean I miss all incoming calls.  No alerts for texts or incoming email.  I'm guessing that the fix will cost some dinero.  Shock.

I'm giving 4 the nod of Daughter of the Day in recognition of her being a member of the crowd today celebrating Left Hander's Day.  I'm not sure where I was on the Net today that brought this to my attention.  Every day is National Something Day.  Do they have one for Old Anglo-Saxon Christian Conservative Guys?

Banking 101.  Wells Fargo finally got wise and has started charging me for blank checks.  In the past, I always was able to have the basic, no frills checks for free (which I could order from the online WF site).  Being down to my last book of checks after vacation, I looked to repeat the ordering process that I had followed previously.  This time, there was no ordering capability on the Services menu, except to go to a different site.  Which was a supplier site...that had standard fees for the printing of new checks.  Not very surprising.

Banking 102.  I have set up my Medicare premiums for online banking.  After the first few months were sorted out with multiple-months billed together, June had been a single month's fee which I paid with a standard mail-in check.  For July, I used the online service, directing WF to send the payment...which they did...and Medicare cashed.  For August, the billing included the regular amount due...AND a request for the July payment that they said was past due.  Hmmm.

I sent in a paper check for the regular amount...and also sent along a copy of the online check paid by WF in July.  I'm really curious on how this will flush out.  And am equally curious as to why the WF payment didn't register (given that my ID number was clearly shown on the check).  I love the bureaucracy.

(I had to "publish" this entry before I was quite done.  We've been having serious Internet issues here this week that has the connection being lost mid-function and then having to start completely over with the task.  Annoying inadequately describes the problem.)

This business with the ice-bucket dumping has been the rage this week.  CNBC got in the act yesterday, and literally everybody who has been challenged has met the dare...and most have also contributed to the cause.  I'm okay with this.  It is a little like the Coaches for Cancer day/week when all the basketball coaches wear tennis/running shoes at games regardless of their suit/attire.  And much better than the teams wearing pink in October that has gotten way out of hand.

OK.  Now all for today.  Thanks for reading.

BCOT


No comments: