Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday

The new Home Page pic was taken with the Canon mini-digi through the window in the hotel room that 1 and 1.1 had in downtown SF for the marathon.  Un-altered except for some sizing-down.  Almost a post-card.

I'm giving 1.01 and 1.02 the honor of Grandkids of the Day for their Ice Bucket Challenge video last night.  This shot was taken at Fisherman's Wharf on the day before the marathon.  You guys are Stars!!

My pal Pete and I have met on the deck at Gov's a couple of times recently after he has gone out and done some evening hill work by Scott Community College.  I've taken to ordering Coors Light drafts after the waitress brought drafts rather than bottles that first night.  Pretty hard to beat an ice-cold beer on a warm Summer night.  Even for an emerging wine aficionado.

A check of the calendars in the basement reveals that today is the anniversary of the break-in at 2's that directly lead to The Winniferous coming into her life...and mine.  A spiritual person might suggest that things happen for a reason.  I'm not quite there with this set of facts, but I am glad that W found a home on Highland Avenue.

I still have an entry to do on Aunt Martha.  It will get done, sooner rather than later.  In the meantime, I will note that I made an effort last weekend to conform to one of her life-skills recommendations by "getting rid of some stuff".  I think GROSS is a worthy and fitting acronym.  I didn't make it a big deal, but I filled a large Kohl's bag with infrequently used clothes and shoes for the psych unit at the local hospital.  (Apparently they have a need for adult male clothing...but no belts!)  As Aunt Martha aged, she was always a distributor, not a collector.  Not a bad habit, I'd say.

All for today.  I'm going to try to do the early ride tomorrow.  I have this internal debate going on about when I call it a season for the bike.  Riding in the dark isn't much fun, but if you don't get it done in the morning, it doesn't get done. And I really hate blanks on the calendar.

Make it a good Hump Day!  (TGIF for 4!)

BCOT

No comments: