Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Wednesday

This will not be a great entry.  My pal Bill and I are sitting on the floor near an electrical outlet at our gate in Sky Harbor Airport charging our phones.  Travel back home is a mess.  Our original connecting flight from Dallas to Moline was cancelled, so our best option was a later direct flight PHX to Chicago.  And then we rent a car to get to the QCA.  If we're lucky with the weather.

I have my laptop, but the built-in keyboard is malfunctioning, and I won't have the patience to fight a long battle.  The cursor hops randomly, and since I watch the keys, it's a constant case of editing.  At home, I always use a standard keyboard plugged in with a cord.  I'm thinking that the whole keyboard
mechanism will have to be swapped-out.

Happy Tax-Birthday to 1.02!  You are Grandson of the Day!  (You are likely Grandson of the Day tomorrow as well, Kiddo!  Just sayin'.)

After our business meetings yesterday, Bill and I ventured into the bar/restaurant area near Arizona State University.  Lots of places similar to downtown Iowa City or near St. Thomas in St.Paul.  I wanted something other than beer and pizza, so we landed at Z-Tejas, a Biaggi's-like place with a varied menu.  The wine list was short, but J. Lohr was there, so we split a bottle over dinner.  Not a bad experience, and we would go back if the opportunity presented itself.  With the 1/2 price wine on Tuesday, it was a very reasonable fee.

The crosswords on the way down yesterday were from the NYT and the Dallas paper, both being
NYT puzzles.  Interestingly, I would rate the Dallas puzzle at least at Wednesday difficulty, maybe even Thursday.  The NYT was definitely a Tuesday puzzle.  Makes one wonder who's pulling the strings at the other papers who publish the NYT puzzles.

So that's my offering for the day.  I'll be adding updates on my Twitter-feed.

More tomorrow.

BCOT


1 comment:

Blogger said...

By going to RentalCars you can discover the most affordable car hire at over 49,000 locations globally.