Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Wednesday

Yeah, so I didn't get back to this last night.  There was that mental therapy session on the driveway with some Freakshow that got in the way.

We continue to get lots of rain.  My sump pump has been going pretty much continuously.  I'm thinking that I may buy a back-up pump so that if the primary one goes kaput in the middle of the night (like it's predecessor did) I won't be screwed because the hardware stores aren't open.  There's lots of holes in that thought, but right now, I have no back-up plan.  And you always need a back-up plan.  That might be Rule #2 for the LtPC.

3 mentioned in a comment that she was interested in my opinion on Rachel Dolezal, the gal who has been in the news for passing herself off as black when in fact she was born to fully Caucasian parents.  I gotta say, I have little to say on the topic.  The primarily political websites that I follow have carried numerous entries from both sides of the spectrum since the story broke.  It is interesting, sort of, to read the positions supporting or rejecting Dolezal's curious (and I think deceitful) choices.

Most of these columns have referenced the recent headlines for the Bruce/Caitlyn gender bending phenomenon...that has basically been universally accepted by the progressive Left (redundant, I know).  I think that comparison is relevant...mostly because both of these people are nuts!!!  ("Nuts" here being a noun, not an adjective...as in quacks and looney-tunes.)  Shouldn't Dolezal now get a reality TV show?

This all comes back to the political correctness debate, and Hans Christian Andersen's take on "The Emperor's New Clothes".  The progressive thought-police require acceptance in our modern society of virtually every non-violent life-style a person might choose, regardless of the ick-factor (see Jenner, above).  Reconciling a pro position on transgender with a negative position on transracial requires some logic gymnastics that go well-beyond my attention span.

If Jerry Seinfeld (whose show endorsed every progressive issue from abortion to gay rights) can be trashed from the Left for his honest statements about political correctness on college campuses, I guess Dolezal's transracialness (Webster is turning in his grave!) can be separated out as a cause that just doesn't cut it for the progressives.  But if Bruce/Caitlyn can declare himself/herself a girl, and keep his male anatomy, why not call white black, and get away with it?

So it all gets a big Whatever from me.  As in, "How'd the Yankees do last night?"

Speaking of pants suits.  The Hillary campaign has to love the hubbub about her dress code, her age, and her refusal to address the press.  I mean all of this clutter keeps her from actually expressing opinions on issues or justifying her shallow record of accomplishments.  That's how you win elections.

Make it a great beginning of Ramadan in your neighborhood.

BCOT

1 comment:

Mary Margaret said...

This was a great post. WHAT-ever indeed.