Monday, June 01, 2015

Monday - First (Unofficial) Day of Summer

I'm baaaaaaaack!

Michael Jordan has nothin' on me.

As I declared on Twitter this AM, today feels like it is finally Summer.  That early Memorial Day left us with a full week of May to digest after the national holiday.  It just didn't feel right.

I gotta say, this Bruce Jenner story just keeps getting weirder and weirder.  I mean, he was an Olympic decathlon champion...in 1976 at the Monteal Games...against the best male athletes in the world.  (A good trivia factoid is that he graduated from Graceland College in Lamoni, Iowa where the track coach directed him toward the decathlon after a football injury.)

Since I am an anti-Kardashian watcher, I have not kept up with Jenner in recent years when the reality-show family became social media favorites (why?).  For all I knew, he was just another Olympic-sport athlete who faded gradually from the scene...since the half-life for guys/girls in non-entertainment pro sports (basketball, football, hockey, baseball and soccer) is measured in nano-seconds.  Whatever.

Now, today on the Internet entertainment pages, we have this.  WTF?  And when I just checked the wiki site to see which year he won gold, all the pro-nouns had been changed to "she".  Can we get any more politically correct already?  And what's the plan with handling those male-defining body parts?  The ick-quotient on this is off the charts.

Let's make 1.01 Granddaughter of the Day.  She made it through pre-school in flying colors!  Cool pic, eh?

Moving on, here are my Top Five goals for the Summer:

1.  Learn how to use my new "big" Canon camera.
2.  Get my golf handicap down to 12 (I'm now at 16).
3.  Get at least 5-6 entries here on the Daddy history book.
4.  Get my living room/plant room painted/updated. Including window treatments!
5.  Bike 4-5 days per week...75-85 miles per week.

I've got a couple of other small things in mind too, that just require 2-4 hours each...house stuff mostly.  Let's see how the discipline works this Summer on Maplecrest.

Made it through this entire entry without lamenting The Mayor's move to C-town.  Is it the money?  To work for management that cut-loose a guy who won more games than any previous coach not named Phil.  Ambition?  Good luck Fred.

Make it a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT



No comments: