Sunday, March 01, 2015

Sunday

Hello March!  One of my calendars from a couple years back notes that I was outside for 10+ miles on the bike path on March 1st!  Not so much this year, eh?  But it is March...so I'm betting that I'll be out there before the end of the month.  Really looking forward to getting out there.

Props to Augie for the win last night.  That makes them regular season conference champs, and conference tournament champs.  That's a tough road in that conference.  The national D III tournament pairings come out tomorrow.  I'm thinking that Augie could get to host the first two games in the sub-regional pod.

Enjoyed the visit from 2 this weekend.  We chatted a little bit about #BarcelanaBordeaux2015 Friday night before the game.  The tentative departure date is September 17th for Barcelona with the transfer over to Bordeaux on the 23rd or 24th...for anyone maybe looking at a Bordeaux fff rendezvous.  We'll be driving from Barcelona, staying one night on the road, giving me a shot at one of the TdF routes.

Alamo up-charged me to $38 on that extra day that I had the car in Texas last weekend.  I called to get an adjustment down to the $19 daily rate that I paid for my scheduled 4 days. but the phone clerk wasn't interested.  I then wrote an email Thursday to their customer service site outlining my case, suggesting that they benefited from my inconvenience.  When I reviewed my credit card activity statement Saturday, there was a $25 credit from Alamo on my account!  (Of course, at my hourly rate, that credit was a bit expensive to obtain...)

In the FWIW Department, DFW has fees and taxes that add a hefty amount to the total bill.  Even with the $25 adjustment, my bill is still over $150.  Let's soak the out-of-towners!  All destination cities do the same thing.  Build that stadium!

(I'm entering this from the laptop and it is not absolutely cooperating.  Blogger doesn't like Explorer, and some of the functions are iffy.  And Firefox won't open . This, after they supposedly cleaned-up my computer.  IT guys are my favs.)

I have an idea for a photo-only entry here.  It will take some work to scour the old albums, but I think I could do a display of LtPC hats over the years.  There have been a few.  I may have been a hat act before George.

Iowa jumped on the raise-the-taxes bandwagon today by raising the state gas tax by 10 cents a gallon to 31 cents a gallon.  I'm not real sure where I fall on this issue.  Its obviously a good time to raise the rate with prices at the pump at relatively low levels.  But like everything else government, how will the bureaucrats use the money?  John Q. Public is all for fixing the roads.  Paying some administrators a bunch of money to run new programs may not help the pothole ratios.

All for tonight.  Make it a good week in your neighborhood.

BCOT

No comments: