Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday

Anyone else notice that the numbered days in March fall in the same week pattern as the days did in February?  How long has it been since we had Friday the 13th in two consecutive months?  That can't happen that often.

Most of the snow is gone here.  It will take a few more days for the piles at the edges of the parking lots to melt, but like on Duck Creek Golf Course, the ground is clear of the white stuff.  It was actually so warm in my office at times in the afternoons this week that I had to open windows to cool things off.  And we thought Spring would never come!

Yeah, the Hawks laid an egg yesterday at the Big 10 tourney.  If they play that way next week, their season will be over in another 40 minutes of playing time.  Funny how a team can come out flat in big games.

Augie has their game tonight against Mt. Union.  Augie is another team who has an evil twin who shows up for some games.  Hope that is not the case tonight.  They play the second game.  It will be a full house.  I be headed over early to find a seat.

Good luck to 4 in her half marathon on Sunday in NYC.  No big goals except finishing.  She has 2, 3 and 3.1 out there to cheer her on.  2 left here at oh-dark-hundred this AM, with a ride to MLI from LtPC.  Which means I have The Winniferous on Maplecrest for the weekend.  At least it isn't a hundred below zero for our walks.

For those not on my Twitter feed, the news is that 1, 2 and I will be going to the Shania concert at the Target Center on July 28th.  I don't have quite the same level of interest in seeing her as I did to see George, but I do like a lot of her music...and she has a good look.  I doubt though if there's a concert tee in my future.

I had the screen on my iPhone go blank when I tried to make a call one day earlier this week while at 2nd Coffee.  I did a variety of efforts to clear open apps to see if I could bring the phone screen up for use...unsuccessfully.  My pal Terry O was at the table and I asked him for advice.  He said to push the on/off switch on top of the phone with the navigation button at the bottom of the face at the same time to do a "hard reboot".  I did this and it solved the problem.  I realized long ago that the first effort to clear a Microsoft/PC problem was to do a reboot.  So Apple has descended to Microsoft levels?  Great distinction.

Prime Country on Sirius XM is billed as a blend of 1980's-90's traditional country.  If they stick with that time frame...and they seem to...they get through most all of the hit songs in a 5-day period.  I've noticed the same thing on the classic country channel on DirecTV.  There's a whole lot of repeating going on.  Not that that it is a problem.  It is a finite universe of music when you choose to go to classic county hits.

We've enjoyed the Twitpics and other social media updates from the Harvest Path family in Arizona this week.  You guys are lucky!  Maybe next year you'll have company!

OK.  Gotta go.  I may try to add something on Saturday.  Hope it is a good weekend in your neighborhood.

BCOT

No comments: