Thursday, February 12, 2015

Thursday

This has been another of those weeks that just got away from me.  The return from Minny, a night with The Winniferous, and then an evening meeting with 2 mid-way to Iowa City for the W hand-off, and its Wednesday already.  Whatever.


Happy Birthday to Abe.  I didn't even see an article noting this day in the Illinois-side paper this AM.  I must have missed it.  Illinois is pretty good about recognizing him.

I had some trepidation about the re-appearance of the real RCL this week.  The house had been serviced by the SRCL since Christmas.  That gal had left a note last week that her last day was the 3rd.  When the towels that I had put in the washer Tuesday morning in anticipation of the RCL were still there when I got home Tuesday night, I was concerned.  Fortunately, there was a Wednesday visit, which must have been her regular day anyway.  So all's right with the world.

The PGA tour is at Pebble Beach this week for the AT&T National Pro-Am.  Back in the day, the tournament was known as "The Crosby", with Bing Crosby as the celebrity host.  I may have commented here in year's past that amateurs can fork over several thousand dollars to play alongside the pros for a few days.  I had it on the TV in the office this afternoon.  I thought that it was notable that there weren't that many of the world's top players in the field.  I get it.  I mean, who wants to dink around the course with a couple of 20-handicappers in your group dumping balls into the Pacific Ocean?  They're probably 6-hour rounds that just don't end.  (If they show Bill Murray doing his stupid shtick with the gallery twice, they show it at least 20 times!  It has to suck.)


Our snow from a couple weeks back is gradually receding.  Sublimation, not melting.  Gotta give credit to my pal Doc Doug from DSM for enlightening me about the sublimation term.  We are forecasted to have below zero temps this weekend, so the snow isn't going anywhere soon.  But it is interesting to see the piles shrink in the sun and dry weather.

Let's make 3 Daughter of the Day.  She pulled the old coast-to-coast gig Tuesday-Wednesday for client meetings in San Diego.  She said she was in California for 23 hours.  Don't they make Go-to-Meeting for that stuff?  You're a star, Kiddo.

All for now.

Make it a Good Friday in your neighborhood.

BCOT


No comments: