Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Wednesday


 

I've selected these three pic's from the files Carrie graciously shared from the Strine photo library.  Lots of good photo's on the download.
(Not sure if the George Strait hat was a hit with all wearer's.)

That marathon had 35,000 participants.  That has to include all the races and all of the members of teams that ran portions of the route.  Still, big numbers for that kind of event.  The Kenyan's stayed home as the winner's time was a bit on the slow side.  I would never have thought of Vegas as a marathon destination.

Special props to all of the second and third generation attendees for the event.  Cousin Matt gets the award for max effort on a short clock.  Molly and Kate were not far behind.  Family is always worth the effort.  Good for all you guys.  The Elders notice.

I see where the POTUS heard we had such a good time in LV that he has decided to make a visit.  They'll be shutting down LV Boulevard again, eh?  Can you imagine trying to catch a flight near the time that he arrives?  (Is the honeymoon over when the Big Three broadcast networks decide not to air his speech live?  Or is that just the reality that the election is over and they're reading sweeps-week tea leaves?)

I went to The Big Golf Sale at the local events center down the street yesterday.  Twice.  Once with my pal Roy (in the AM), and again with my pal Ron (in the PM).  This after having stopped there on Monday night after work.  All of the pro-shops at the area clubs combine to have a single garage-sale like event to get rid of slow-moving inventory at the end of the season.  I bought a couple of gloves and a black pull-over shirt.  $30 total. 

Roy hasn't played since Scottsdale in January.  And he bought the least amount of stuff that I have ever seen him walk away with from that sale.  Ron resisted big numbers too.  As we left the building last night, I was thinking that there was a whole lotta inventory that was going to be going to a re-sellers market on E-Bay.

Speaking of my pal Roy, he's on a quick-hitter over to France for business.  Taking the chunnel from England.  Just a 4-day trip.  My body would have no clue by the time I was back from that kind of trip.

Enough for now.  Thanks for reading.

BCOT




 

No comments: