Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thursday

This is just a brief entry to recognize a significant anniversary.  Three years ago today was my last major mountain climb.  My pal Pete and I did Mt. Rose from the Reno side.  That death march cured me from any interest in any future effort at an hors categorie mountain.

And for full disclosure, Pete made it up 1-2 hours in advance of me!!  He had time to go down to Incline and get the car to meet me at the summit.  He also was prescient enough to stock the cooler.  But who keeps the time, right?  It was a successful ride, whatever the clock might say. 

Pete and I are fortunate to continue have good times on the bike.  Here we are just last Friday departing Starbucks for a day on Ragbrai.  Don't look back!

So I swapped-out the Home Page pic to recognize my favorite tree...passing it again yesterday on the way back from Minny.  It remains a watchful sentinel on a stream of travelers who have lots of stories.

The quick-hitter that 2 and I did to the Twin Cities Tuesday-Wednesday was also a great success.  Not the worst traffic anywhere, even without my pal Roy's Cadillac to ease the passing on those two-lanes.  No traffic to the concert venue as we basically waited until the warm-up act was in full-throttle before we even left Harvest Path!  Shania was an entertainer.  Very Vegas-y.  A little loud for me, but well-worth the experience.  The crowd was fired-up...hardly sat down for any of the show.  Shania just had to start each song, and the audience carried it the rest of the way.


I also need to make KC Rosie the blog's Sister of the Day.  Happy birthday!  I know that you are three years older than me, but I can't count as high as we need to go any more.



OK.  Done.  How did it get to be Thursday already?

BCOT


 
 

No comments: